Friday, February 28, 2020

Best of the Bunch: February 2020


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in February.

Of the 5 books I read this month, I had one 5-star read, which was my best of the bunch!


Call Down the Hawk is the start to a new trilogy that follows up where the Raven Cycle series left off. I can't imagine recommending this to someone who hadn't read The Raven Cycle, which leads you slowly into Stiefvater's fantasy world, but as a fan of that series, it was fantastic to return to that world and go even deeper. Even though it was a little sad not to get much of Blue and Gansey in this book, I appreciated the darker, more adult tone of this series. Some characters may be having complicated romantic feelings, but they aren't anything like the will-they-won't-they of a teen romance. (To be fair, there wasn't a ton of typical teen romance in The Raven Cycle, but the series was largely rooted in the question of who Blue would fall in love with, while this series is focused on much bigger questions.) We're left with quite a lot of cliffhangers, but at least one story arc was resolved by the end of this book, and I'm content to wait for what happens next.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: No Bad Kids, I Capture the Castle, and The Shadow of the Wind
Five years ago I was reading: The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, Anna and the French Kiss, Ella Enchanted, and Station Eleven
Ten years ago I was reading: Middlesex
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment