Monday, March 13, 2023

Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to check in about our planned reading for the season. I read eight of the ten books on my winter TBR, so here are the two left over plus eight more.

1. Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
This is a carryover from winter.
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Of Rowell's many highly recommended books, the only one I've read is Eleanor & Park, which I didn't like as much as most people. But it's time for me to pick up another one of her books, and this is one I think I might enjoy.
3. Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
I definitely didn't love Gideon the Ninth as much as most of the bookish internet seems to, but it was fun and the audiobook was well done and I think the sequel could be enjoyable.
4. Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
This has been recommended a number of times now and I do love a good mystery, so I want to check this one out.
5. The Mysterious Mr. Quin by Agatha Christie
Speaking of good mysteries, I'm still working my way through Agatha Christie's complete works.
6. Nabokov's Favorite Word Is Mauve by Ben Blatt
I love a good data dive, and one that involves my other great love (books) is even better.
7. The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwreck by Mackenzi Lee
This is the other carryover from winter.
8. Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
A friend recommended this to me recently after I'd seen it on a bunch of lists. I have yet to tackle Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, but this one is much shorter and should be a good introduction to Clarke's writing.
9. Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Shusterman is one of those authors I still haven't read despite many enthusiastic endorsements of multiple of his books, so I'm finally going to read one this spring.
10. Tranquility by Tuesday by Laura Vanderkam
I probably don't need another life/time management book, but I really like Vanderkam and this has been recommended by several people I trust, so I'm interested to check it out.

What do you plan to read this spring?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Ship We Built and Drinking the Rain
Five years ago I was reading: Radical and Pawn of Prophecy
Ten years ago I was reading: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks and 168 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment