Monday, April 11, 2022

Ten Authors I Still Haven’t Read (Despite Having Multiple Books of Theirs on My To-Read List)


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This week's theme is "Authors I Haven’t Read, But Want To." Most of the books on my might-want-to-read list are by authors I haven't read before, so to narrow this down I found the authors I've never read whose books appear more than once on my list. That still left me with 37 authors! Here are ten of the ones I most can't believe that I haven't yet read.
1. Elizabeth Acevedo
I've heard amazing things about both The Poet X and Clap When You Land, and I'm excited to read both of them!
2. Fredrik Backman
The recommendations just keep piling up for Backman's books! I'm most interested in A Man Called Ove (my soft spot for older male characters is documented), but I also have Beartown and My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry on my list.
3. N.K. Jemisin
I've most often heard about the Broken Earth trilogy, but The City We Became got a ton of buzz as well when it came out in 2020!
4. Marie Lu
I've seen a lot of recs for Legend in the decade since it came out, and then Warcross also made a lot of lists when it came out.
5. Hannah Moskowitz
Moskowitz's books have been on my radar for quite a while as having great queer representation, but I haven't yet picked up any of her books. The ones on my list are Not Otherwise Specified and Gone, Gone, Gone.
6. Emily Nagoski
I heard a fantastic interview with Nagoski recently, but still have yet to pick up her two huge nonfiction hits, Come as You Are and Burnout.
7. Patrick Ness
Ness has written a ton of books that I've seen recommended frequently, but somehow I still haven't read any of them. A Monster Calls, The Knife of Never Letting Go, and More Than This are all on my list.
8. Ijeoma Oluo
I'm very interested to read both So You Want to Talk About Race and Mediocre!
9. Neal Shusterman
Shusterman's books have been emphatically recommended to me on multiple occasions, so I can't believe I haven't read any of them yet. I'm interested in Scythe, Unwind, and Challenger Deep.
10. Jesmyn Ward
Ward's name seems to keep coming up over and over again, and at this point I've added Sing, Unburied, Sing, Salvage the Bones, and Men We Reaped to my list.

Have you read these authors' works? Which books do you recommend I pick up first?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Other Wes Moore, Something to Talk About, and Freddie Ramos Stomps the Snow
Five years ago I was reading: The Three Musketeers and The Bees
Ten years ago I was reading: The New Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment