Monday, December 12, 2022

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's that time again! I read all the books on my fall TBR, and here are ten of the books I plan to read this winter.
1. Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
This book hasn't stopped being recommended since it came out, and the insistence to prioritize this grew even louder during Native American Heritage Month last month, so I'm finally deciding to make sure I read this during the next few months.
2. Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
It seems that not having read the Locked Tomb series makes me the odd one out in the queer book clubs I've recently joined, and at least one of the groups is planning to read the next book in the series when it comes out, so I figure it's time for me to get caught up!
3. How to Be a Normal Person by T.J. Klune
Hearing a panel discussion Klune participated in recently made me interested in picking up more of his books (I've only read The House in the Cerulean Sea), and this one was already on my list for having ace representation and for being set in Oregon, so this is the one I'm going to read next!
4. In the Wild Light by Jeff Zentner
I don't know anything about this, but the online book club I've been part of for a decade has picked it for our next discussion, so I'm looking forward to reading and discussing it.
5. The No-Show by Beth O'Leary
It's been a while since I read one of O'Leary's books, and this is her new one that came out this year. I haven't heard much about it one way or another, but I'm interested to pick it up and see how it stacks up against some of her earlier works that I really enjoyed.
6. The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks by Mackenzi Lee
I've now listened to and enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy, so I might as well finish up the series!
7. Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
I recently reread The Bean Trees for the first time in 20 years, and I never read this sequel to it, so now seems like a good time to pick it up.
8. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
Acevedo is one of those authors I can't believe I still haven't read, and this is the book of hers I'm most interested to pick up.
9. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
I'm continuing my read through the Osemanverse, and in the loose chronology into which all her books fit, this one is next. I've also wanted to read it for a while regardless, even before I read the Heartstopper books and learned that all her books are based in the same universe.
10. Towards Zero by Agatha Christie
I'm continuing to make my way through Christie's complete works. I'm on the fourth Superintendent Battle book now, and this one is the fifth and final of the Superintendent Battle books.

What do you plan to read this winter?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Shalom and the Community of Creation, Unicorns and Germs, and Apples Never Fall
Five years ago I was reading: Sophie's Choice and The Stand
Ten years ago I was reading: The Pox Party

No comments:

Post a Comment