Monday, September 19, 2022

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to share our seasonal planned reads! I still have two books left over from my summer TBR list, so those are here along with another eight I plan to read this fall.
1. The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker
I've heard this book come up again and again, and as I was planning a gathering this summer for the first time since COVID, it occurred to me that I could use some guidance on how to make such an event as good as possible for my guests. Of course, the holds list for this book was extremely long, so it wasn't until now that I have a shot of getting to it within the season.
2. Burnout by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski
This is a carryover from summer. I'm still on the holds list but nearing the top!
3. Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide by Patrice Banks
This is also a carryover, and I hadn't put a hold on the ebook at my library since the only copy wasn't checked out and I figured I'd check it out when I was ready to read it. Apparently I waited too long because my library no longer has that book via OverDrive, so I've had to put a hold on the hard copy now!
4. Greywaren by Maggie Stiefvater
Finally, the conclusion to the Dreamer Trilogy comes out next month! I literally checked my library's site every day until OverDrive added the audiobook as an option to recommend so I could recommend it and then be at the top of the list when they finally bought it, haha :D
5. The Heartstopper Yearbook by Alice Oseman
I'm a sucker for anything Heartstopper at this point, so I was excited to see that this book diving deep into the characters, their world, and the writing of the series would be coming out next month.
6. The Lazy Genius Way by Kendra Adachi
I've heard this recommended over and over again, and where I'm at in my life now, if there's any way I can better optimize or prioritize my time and energy so I'm not exhausted all the time, I'm here for it!
7. Matrix by Lauren Groff
The hype on this one hasn't died down, and reading another book recently that profiled Christian women going back to the 11th century made me even more interested to pick up this feminist novel about 12th century nuns.
8. Nick and Charlie by Alice Oseman
As I said — sucker for anything Heartstopper. I read This Winter this summer (ironic, yes, haha) and this is the next novella from that universe.
9. The Under Dog and Other Stories by Agatha Christie
My quest to read all of Agatha Christie's published works continues!
10. The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett
This book was recommended to me, but I had to read the first book in the series first, of course, because that's how I roll. It wasn't my favorite, but it was good enough that I'm interested to pick up this one still.

What do you plan to read this fall?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Somebody's Daughter, The Space Mission Adventure, Information Dashboard Design, and The House of Broken Angels
Five years ago I was reading: Leviathan Wakes and Bleak House
Ten years ago I was reading: I Will Teach You to Be Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment