Monday, June 27, 2022

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time for another quarterly TBR! I did successfully read everything on my spring TBR list. Here are ten of the books I plan to read this summer!
1. An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
Every year my local book club has Audie Award finalists for its theme one month, and this one I nominated was selected for this year. I've never read it but it's been recommended so many times, and I'm especially excited about audiobooks when I know they're well done!
2. Burnout by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski
My friend's been an evangelist for this book since reading it, so I want to get to it soon so I know what they're talking about!
3. Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide by Patrice Banks
I've been trying to get more knowledgeable about maintaining things now that I'm living on my own, so I think this will be a good resource to check out.
4. How to Read Now by Elaine Castillo
I heard about this recently on Get Booked and it sounded like a challenging and inspiring book on reading, so I put a hold on it for when it comes out in July.
5. How to Talk When Kids Won't Listen by Joanna Faber and Julie King
Faber and King's How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen is one of my all-time favorite parenting books, so I'm excited to check out their newer volume that's specifically about some of the bigger challenges with kids.
6. I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver
I've wanted to read this for a while, and a queer book club I just joined picked this for discussion in July. I'm not sure I'll be able to go to the discussion, but it was a good push to finally pick up the book!
7. A Prayer for the Crown-Shy by Becky Chambers
This sequel to A Psalm for the Wild-Built is coming out in July, and I can't wait!
8. This Winter by Alice Oseman
I loved the Heartstopper series but was not a big fan of Solitaire. This book fits in between the events of those books and was written after Solitaire, so I'm interested to see how Oseman's writing evolved.
9. Tomorrow Will Be Different by Sarah McBride
This is another one I've been wanting to read for a while, and seeing it promoted for Pride month gave me a nudge to finally decide to read it this summer. Plus I need a little inspiration right now from an activist who's been in this work for a while.
10. The Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories by Agatha Christie
I've now succeeded in reading all of the novels Christie wrote with Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, and Tommy and Tuppence, and I'm starting on the short story collections that contain a mixture of different detectives. This one's up first.

What do you plan to read this summer?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Maurice, The Case of the Soldier's Ghost, and One Last Stop
Five years ago I was reading: In the Woods and Vanity Fair
Ten years ago I was reading: A Town Like Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment