Monday, March 14, 2022

Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to talk about what we plan to read this quarter! I got through all but one of my winter TBR list, the last one of which (Drinking the Rain) I'm in the middle of now. Here's what I plan to read in the next few months! (Spoiler: It involves a lot of queer romance.)
1. All Joy and No Fun by Jennifer Senior
I am in a rough patch with my kids at the moment, so I need some validation right now for how incredibly hard parenting can be.

2. Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman
I'm still in a bit of a transition period right now, post-divorce and move but still waiting for my younger kid to be eligible to get vaccinated, so it feels like a good time to get some perspective on how I will choose to spend the time I have left in my life.
3. Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford
This is my local book club's pick for April, which I hadn't heard of before, so I'm interested to check it out.
4. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
Long-time blog readers know that I used to have an annual goal of reading something my sister recommended, until she stopped giving me recommendations. But she just texted me this rec the other day! It was already on my "might want to read" list, but now it's obviously gotten bumped to the top.
5. Heartstopper: Volume Two by Alice Oseman
I finally read the first volume of this graphic novel series, and now I can't believe I have to wait weeks for my hold to come in on the next one!
6. I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston
I can't believe McQuiston already has a new release after the absolute stunner of One Last Stop last year, but you bet I put a hold on it as soon as my library would allow! It's coming out in early May and I hope I'm one of the first in (virtual) line for it.
7. Kiss & Tell by Adib Khorram
This is another new release from a favorite author, this one coming out in just a week! I adore Khorram's writing and can't wait to see what he's done with this newest queer YA book.
8. Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee
This has been recommended several times on the Get Booked podcast, and since my brain is craving lighter, happier stuff right now (graphic novels, middle grade, romance), this queer YA fantasy novel seemed like a great selection.
9. Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie
I'm almost done with reading all the Miss Marple books! If my sources are correct, this is the last of the Miss Marple novels, and then I just have a couple of remaining short story collections to read.
10. Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee
Middle grade? Queer romance? 100% what I'm looking for right now.

What do you hope to read this spring?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: I Shall Be Near to You, Freddie Ramos Takes Off, and The Body Keeps the Score
Five years ago I was reading: The Brothers Karamazov, Gang Leader for a Day, and If on a winter's night a traveler
Ten years ago I was reading: Two-Part Invention

No comments:

Post a Comment