Monday, December 13, 2021

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

I didn't get through as many of the books on my fall TBR list as I would have liked, probably because this past month has been bananas here, so three of them are showing up here again. But that's OK! Here are those and the rest of what I plan to read this quarter.

1. Aristotle and Dante Dive Into the Waters of the World by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
This is a carryover from fall.
2. Can I Recycle This? by Jennie Romer
I was very excited when I heard about this book because I seem to be perpetually baffled by how recycling works and how to know what I can put in the bin. Now that I'm going to be living in my own house, it seems like a good time to figure this out and be a responsible user of my recycling bin.
3. A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie
This is next up in my quest to read all the Miss Marple books!
4. Drinking the Rain by Alix Kates Shulman
I don't remember how I heard about this book, but as I start my own new life chapter after a divorce it seemed like a good time to read this memoir about surviving divorce, embracing soltitude, and learning to be self-sufficient.
5. Good Talk by Mira Jacob
This is the pick for one of my book clubs for January, and it's one I've wanted to read for a long time now. I love the author, I've heard rave reviews about the book, and I could always use advice on handling different conversations with my kids.
6. Here's to Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
I love Albertalli's writing (though I tend to prefer her standalones to her collaborations), and I enjoyed the first book in this series, so I'm definitely picking this one up.
7. The Natural Mother of the Child by Krys Malcolm Belc
This is a carryover from fall.
8. Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
A ton of my Goodreads friends have given this book 5 stars, and it sounds fascinating! I'm always up for a good combination of practical advice and in-the-field stories from an author's professional work.
9. Out of Office by Charlie Warzel and Anne Helen Peterson
My cohort lead at work is a huge Anne Helen Peterson fan and as we're a fully remote organization, she posted about being excited to read this and a bunch of other people said they'd be interested in reading it too. It has a very long wait list at my library, though!
10. Rising from Ash by Jax Meyer
This is a carryover from fall.

What do you plan to read this winter?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: A Promised Land and Strangers from a Different Shore
Five years ago I was reading: Three Act Tragedy, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Ficciones
Ten years ago I was reading: The Family Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment