Monday, September 20, 2021

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to talk about what we plan to read this season! I read all but one of the books on my summer TBR list, which is repeated here for fall. Here's some of what I plan to read this fall!
1. Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty
So far Moriarty hasn't been able to live up to What Alice Forgot and Big Little Lies, but I keep reading everything new she writes anyway because it's still good even when it's not great.
2. Aristotle and Dante Dive Into the Waters of the World by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
I wasn't quite as obsessed with Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe as many people seemed to be, but I did enjoy it and look forward to reading the sequel!
3. Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers
This was a recommendation from my bibliologist, and I'm looking forward to reading it!
4. Know My Name by Chanel Miller
One of my book clubs picked this to discuss in October. It has unbelievably high ratings on Goodreads, so I've wanted to read it for quite some time.
5. The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side by Agatha Christie
I am continuing with the Miss Marple books, and this one is next!
6. The Natural Mother of the Child by Krys Malcolm Belc
This was another bibliologist recommendation for this quarter.
7. Pregnant Girl by Nicole Lynn Lewis
This is a holdover from summer that I didn't get to. Still looking forward to it!
8. A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
I loved the Wayfarers series, and I'm very excited for this new series from Becky Chambers!
9. Rising from Ash by Jax Meyer
This was my final bibliologist recommendation for this quarter.
10. Wholehearted Faith by Rachel Held Evans
After Rachel's passing two and a half years ago, I didn't expect to see anything new from her, but this was what she was working on at the time of her death, which her friend and fellow author Jeff Chu combined with other unpublished writings to lovingly craft this final publication.

What do you plan to read this fall?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rebecca
Five years ago I was reading: Peril at End House, The Master and Margarita, and The Guns of August
Ten years ago I was reading: Thirteen Strategies to Measure College Teaching and The Emperor of All Maladies

No comments:

Post a Comment