Monday, June 14, 2021

Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

Unsurprisingly, some of the books are repeats from my spring TBR list, because I had a ton of new releases on there that only just came out, so I'm still working through them. Here's a snapshot of what I'm planning to read this summer!
1. 4:50 From Paddington by Agatha Christie
I'm continuing to work my way through the Miss Marple books. This one's up next!
2. The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green
This is a carryover from my spring list that I still want to read.
3. Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult
This is one I kept on my original to-read list. It's been a while since I read Jodi Picoult, as I didn't like the few I read most recently, but I'd like to give her another chance.
4. Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff
My local book club selected this for our July read. I haven't read any Lovecraft, so I'm interested to see what I think of it compared with someone who has.
5. Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater
I really enjoyed the first book in the Dreamer Trilogy, which is a follow-up to the Raven Cycle series, and now the second book is out!
6. Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson
The same local book club selected this for our August read. I've heard a lot about this book but hadn't been particularly drawn to pick it up, so I look forward to seeing how I like it.
7. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
This is a carryover from my spring list that I still want to read.
8. Pregnant Girl by Nicole Lynn Lewis
We had Nicole on the podcast last month, and I'm excited to read her memoir of making it through college as a teen mom.
9. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
This is a carryover from my spring list that I still want to read.
10. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
This has been on my shelf of shame for a while, and recently it's come up again multiple times, so I think it's time!

What do you plan to read this summer?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Lost Children Archive and Women, Race & Class
Five years ago I was reading: Lies We Tell Ourselves, All the Bright Places, and The Return of the King
Ten years ago I was reading: The Hunger Games

No comments:

Post a Comment