Monday, March 15, 2021

Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

I finished all the books on my winter TBR list, which included several that I really loved! For spring, there are TONS of new releases coming out that I'm excited about, and I'm hoping I can find time for all of them as I go back to work.
1. The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green
I haven't been listening to this podcast long but I do enjoy John Green's thoughts, and now that it's a book of essays that I'll get in audiobook format read by him, it'll basically be like binge-listening to the podcast!
2. Broken by Jenny Lawson
Lawson's other books have had me crying with laughter, so I was very excited to see she was coming out with a new one. I just have to be careful when and where I listen to this because with Let's Pretend This Never Happened I got weird looks bursting out laughing while on a walk!
3. The Galaxy, and the Ground Within by Becky Chambers
I just recently listened to the first three books in the Wayfarers series, so I'm ready to continue the series when the next book comes out this spring.
4. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
I love Becky Albertalli so of course I'm going to read what she comes out with next!
5. On Juneteenth by Annette Gordon-Reed
I saw this book was coming out soon, and it seemed like a good opportunity to dive deeper into the history before and after Juneteenth, especially as I have a goal to read about race in America this year.
6. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
Like almost everyone else, I loved Red, White & Royal Blue and am happy to join the hype for her next book!
7. A Pocket Full of Rye by Agatha Christie
Amid all the new releases, I am also continuing with my goal of reading the Miss Marple books in order, and this one is up next.
8. The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary
O'Leary is another author whose books I just picked up in the past year after hearing about them for a while, and I enjoyed them enough that I put a hold on her upcoming release.
9. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Unlike most of this list, this book isn't a 2021 publication, but it was published in the last five years and I've been wanting to get around to it for a while. I loved her writing in Daughter of Smoke & Bone and my issues with that book were specific to its unique plot, so I'm hoping this one lands for me.
10. Sure, I'll Be Your Black Friend by Ben Philippe
This one looks like it has a fun, conversational tone, and it's a different spin on reading about race in America; I've mostly focused on histories and modern anti-racist books, but this one is a memoir that also provides outsiders an inside look at Black culture.

What do you plan to read this spring?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Red, White & Royal Blue and Paradise Lost
Five years ago I was reading: Cold Sassy Tree, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, The Book of Mormon, and Borders / La Frontera
Ten years ago I was reading: Committed

No comments:

Post a Comment