Monday, March 8, 2021

Ten Books I Cleaned Off My TBR List


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This week is a Spring Cleaning freebie. A while back I majorly cut down my original, capped to-read list to only the books I want to prioritize reading and moved everything else to the more expansive "might want to read" list. Here are ten that I relocated, which can mostly be summarized as "books by white dudes that sounded boring or with a limited/problematic perspective."
1. The Discoverers by Daniel J. Boorstin
2. The Glass Bead Game by Herman Hesse
3. I, Claudius by Robert Graves
4. Little Princes by Conor Grennan
5. The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
6. The Magus by John Fowles
7. Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
8. The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell
9. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
10. Shōgun by James Clavell

What do you think? Should I reconsider any of these that you personally loved?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: How to Stop Losing Your Sh*t with Your Kids and Children of Blood and Bone
Five years ago I was reading: The Rise and Fall of the Bible, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, The Book of Mormon, and Borders / La Frontera
Ten years ago I was reading: Water for Elephants

No comments:

Post a Comment