Saturday, December 31, 2022

Best of the Bunch (December 2022)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in December.

It was an OK reading month. Of the 8 books I read this month, I didn't have any 5-star reads and I had one 4.5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch.

It took me a bit to get into Radio Silence, but in the end, it was exceptional. It's a beautiful depiction of platonic friendship love and queer found family and the way that academic pressure and the myth of the Only Good Life Path can wreck people's lives and how people who make beautiful things (like art and stories) have an important impact on other people and their endeavors should be valued. I genuinely wasn't sure what was going to happen to any of the characters, which made the plot that much more compelling and the ending that much more rewarding. I'm very glad I finally read this, and I'd definitely recommend it.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Never Split the Difference, Grumplets and Pests, and To the End of June
Five years ago I was reading: Sophie's Choice and Americanah
Ten years ago I was reading: The First 90 Days

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment