Friday, March 31, 2023

Best of the Bunch (March 2023)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in March.

It was another good reading month, with a lot of 4- and 4.5-star reads! But of the 7 books I read this month, I had only one 5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch.

I decided to read Snapdragon in a waiting room and I literally almost cried in front of a bunch of people MULTIPLE TIMES, y'all. It's a story of found family and embracing the things you love (even when they're unusual) and gender expression and magic. Even though the story jumps between times and places (e.g., a scene is happening and we skip to Snap telling her friend the last thing that happened), I didn't find it hard to follow — it was just like watching a film or TV show. I love books that have this kind of heart, and the graphic novel format just made it that much better. (Also I didn't have any trouble telling the order of the dialogue bubbles, which can be a real struggle with graphic novels.) Highly recommend this one, and I hope to read it with my kiddo as well.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Kiss & Tell and Drinking the Rain
Five years ago I was reading: The Thorn Birds, Homegoing, and America's Public Schools
Ten years ago I was reading: The Westing Game and Mindless Eating

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment