Monday, October 12, 2020

Ten Super Long Book Titles


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

I am not happy about Blogger's updates! I'm giving this a go because they fixed the frustrations I was having with the picture formatting, but I'm still having problems even inserting pictures unless I copy over the code from another post first. I also hate having to put in break tags if I want to draft the post in HTML mode, plus the fact that I can't make the "open in new window" setting on links stick. (Also I used to be able to click the "link" button and then paste in the URL, but now I have to click the button and then click into the box where the link goes, so there are now two extra steps every single time I make a link.)

Anyway, this week's topic is super long book titles. I did something similar with unique book titles a while back. For this one, I debated about whether to include subtitles (there are some great long subtitles, particularly in nonfiction!) but I decided not to count them here, though I did count "and other..." as part of titles.


1. The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson


2. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst


3. Dear Mister Rogers, Does It Ever Rain in Your Neighborhood? by Fred Rogers


4. for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf by Ntozake Shange


5. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente


6. It's OK Not to Share and Other Renegade Rules for Raising Competent and Compassionate Kids by Heather Shumaker


7. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks


8. We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families by Philip Gourevitch


9. "Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?" by Beverly Daniel Tatum


10. Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road? by Brian D. McLaren

What are some of the longest titles of books you've read?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Possession, A Thousand Lives, and Whistling Vivaldi
Five years ago I was reading: David Copperfield, Number the Stars, and Death in the Andes
Ten years ago I was reading: Asking Questions

No comments:

Post a Comment