Friday, October 30, 2020

Best of the Bunch (October 2020)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in October.

Of the six books I read this month, I didn't have any 5-star reads, but I did have one 4.5-star read, which was my best of the bunch!


Ace is the first nonfiction work I've seen that provides a comprehensive look at asexuality for a non-academic audience. Chen not only explores the personal experiences of those who identify as ace, but also shows how the same cultural forces that make asexuality misunderstood and stigmatized limit the possibilities for all people in all kinds of relationships (in Western culture). Chen also shares her own personal experiences: her past relationships, her realization of her asexuality, and her continued insecurities in her current relationship. It's accessible, thorough, and up to date. This is a great book for any asexual person who wants to feel validated and any allosexual person who wants to better understand asexuality. I definitely recommend picking it up.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: King of the Murgos and Whistling Vivaldi
Five years ago I was reading: The Other Wes Moore, A Snicker of Magic, and for colored girls who have considered suicide / when the rainbow is enuf
Ten years ago I was reading: Asking Questions

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment