Monday, December 16, 2019

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to check in on our reading plans for this season. I got through almost everything on my Fall TBR except for The Next Evangelicalism and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, both of which I'm reading now.


1. The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X
This is on my original TBR list and I heard it recommended again recently, so I want to read it soon.


2. The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
I have the audiobook for this — it will probably be my first listen after I finish the Malloreon series.


3. Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
I am excited for the follow-up to the Raven Cycle! It will still be about a month until my hold at the library comes through.


4. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Since the sequel just came out, I think it's time I finally read this one, which was everywhere in 2018.


5. How We Fight for Our Lives by Saeed Jones
I got to see Jones speak on a panel at the Portland Book Festival, and it made me want to pick up his memoir, which I'd also heard recommended on the For Real podcast.


6. Paradise Lost by John Milton
Somehow this came up in conversation with a friend and he couldn't believe I'd never read this. I put it on my Shelf of Shame and plan to read it on audio in the next few months.


7. The Seeress of Kell by David Eddings
I'm not sure if I'll finish the Malloreon series before the end of 2019, but I will definitely wrap it up in the next few months!


8. Sorceress of Darshiva by David Eddings
This is the fourth book in the Malloreon, so this one is up next.


9. Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
This is another one that I already have on audio; I will probably listen to it after The Boys in the Boat, unless I need a break from nonfiction.


10. There There by Tommy Orange
One of my book clubs is discussing this in January, so I'll definitely read it before our meeting!

What do you plan to read this winter?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Gaudy Night and The Future of the Mind
Five years ago I was reading: Like Water for Chocolate, One Hundred Names, and Lamb
Ten years ago I was reading: The Red Pony

No comments:

Post a Comment