Monday, September 23, 2019

Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.


1. God Land by Lyz Lenz
I keep seeing this pop up in the circles I've been following for our podcast, so I'm excited to get my hands on it (and then maybe get the author on our show?).


2. The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
My friend and I are still trying to finish up our buddy read of the Narnia books, so we need to finish up the last two before the end of the year!


3. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
Here's the Narnia book that's up next in publication order.


4. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
This is next up on my to-read list, and it's on my "shelf of shame" of books I feel like I should have read by now, so I'm excited for my hold to come through!


5. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages by Trenton Lee Stewart
I adore the Mysterious Benedict Society books, and I was excited to hear there was another book in the series coming out. The book came out today and I'm first on the holds list, so I should be able to start reading it soon!


6. The Next Evangelicalism by Soong-Chah Rah
This is the last of the books I own in hard copy that I haven't read yet, so I want to finish it before the end of the year!


7. A Thousand Lives by Julia Scheeres
One of my book clubs has the theme "cults" for October and this was the book I nominated that was selected. I'm interested to see if it's as good as I've heard!


8. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
The same book club chose "alternate history" as the theme for our November/December meeting, and once again my nomination was chosen as our read for that theme. This is another one I feel like I should have read by now, so I'm excited to get to it.


9. An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
My online book club picked this one for our October discussion, so I need to get started on it very soon!


10. Whistling Vivaldi by Claude M. Steele
I'm continuing to read more books about diversity, equity, and inclusion to inform my work, and this is one I've wanted to read for a while. Hoping my hold comes through soon!

What do you plan to read this fall?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and Lethal White
Five years ago I was reading: More Than Serving Tea, The Souls of Black Folk, and Family Matters
Ten years ago I was reading: Island of the Blue Dolphins

No comments:

Post a Comment