Sunday, September 29, 2019

Best of the Bunch: September 2019


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in September.

Of the 5 books I read this month, I had one 5-star read. It was a reread, but it's my Best of the Bunch for this month!


I first read Let's Pretend This Never Happened in hard copy about 7 years ago; when my book club picked it for this month I decided to get it on audio this time. It's delightfully and hilariously read by the author, with a bonus chapter and a long rambling monologue at the very end. On both times through this book I laughed out loud repeatedly, but this time I wasn't in the confines of my home but out walking across campus while listening, and I twice had to stop the audiobook because I was laughing too hard to continue walking. It's a compilation of stories from Lawson's bizarre childhood, horrifying HR career, mismatched marriage, and other adventures involving parenting, mental illness, and taxidermied animals. I don't want to oversell it because I know not everyone has the same sense of humor, but personally, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing and The Amber Spyglass
Five years ago I was reading: The Road, I Am Malala, and Family Matters
Ten years ago I was reading: The 4-Hour Workweek

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment