Monday, June 24, 2019

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to share our reading plans for the next few months! I read everything on my spring TBR list except The Warmth of Other Suns, which I'm almost done with. Here's what's on my list for summer!


1. Cotton Candy on a Rainy Day by Nikki Giovanni
One of my book clubs chose "poetry" as the theme for July, and this is the poetry book that received the most votes of those that were nominated. I don't think I've read any poetry by Nikki Giovanni before, and definitely not a whole book, so I'm looking forward to it!


2. Culturally Responsive Teaching & the Brain by Zaretta Hammond
My work has been doing a series of professional development sessions around this book, so I want to read the source material to get a greater context for it.


3. Guardians of the West by David Eddings
It's finally time to start tackling the Malloreon series on audio! That was one of my goals for the year, so I'd better start now.


4. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
My friend and I are making steady progress through The Chronicles of Narnia; this one's up next.


5. How to Be a Perfect Stranger ed. by Stuart M. Matlins and Arthur J. Magida
This book has been on my to-read list for a long time! I want to finally read it this summer.


6. Partners in Crime by Agatha Christie
I've been reading my way through the Tommy and Tuppence books in chronological order, but I accidentally skipped this one, which isn't a novel but a collection of short stories about the married detectives.


7. Postern of Fate by Agatha Christie
Here's the final Tommy and Tuppence book, which will round out the series.


8. Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by Dr. John Gottman with Joan DeClaire
This is another book that's been on my to-read list for a long time. Now that my son is finally at a stage where he's starting to have some control over his emotions, it seems like the best time to read this.


9. There Are No Children Here by Alex Kotlowitz
This is another one off my to-read list that I'm interested to pick up!


10. White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
A lot of people at my work are reading this, and they've started several different book groups to discuss it. I'm late to the party but want to eventually get caught up!

What do you plan to read this summer?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Orphan Master's Son
Five years ago I was reading: The Elegance of the Hedgehog, The Breadwinner, and A Suitable Boy
Ten years ago I was reading: Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment