Monday, September 18, 2023

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time for another seasonal check-in! I finished nine of the ten books on my Summer TBR and I'm in the middle of the tenth now, so this is a totally fresh list going into fall!
1. Cultish by Amanda Montell
I've been interested in this exploration of cult-like groups every time I've heard about it since it came out in 2021, so I'm going to finally prioritize reading it this fall.
2. Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
I'm very excited to fulfill a long-time dream to see Kingsolver in person when she comes here on her book tour next month. I don't think my hold on this book will come through before then, but I still want to read it, as it's received all kinds of praise. I'm glad that I read David Copperfield years ago so that I can recognize the parallels (one of the reasons I read classics!), though I hear it stands well on its own regardless.
3. Hazeldine, Volume One by Angie Bee
I don't know much about this one, but my best friend was at a friend's book signing when she saw Bee there doing a signing as well and thought I might like this queer Western story. I'm interested to give it a try!
4. Once There Were Wolves by Charlotte McConaghy
This is another one I've heard about repeatedly since it came out in 2021, and I can always use another mystery/thriller to pull me in.
5. Our Favorite Songs by Anita Kelly
I keep saying that I want to read the next Moonlighters novella. Now is the time!
6. A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus
Middle grade? Uplifting? That is what I need in my life right now.
7. Polysecure by Jessica Fern
This book has only been out for three years, but at this point it kind of feels like every other polyamorous person has read this book about attachment, trauma, and relationships. I've been on the holds list for a while now and should get to listen to it this fall.
8. Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
I was meh about Weir's first blockbuster, The Martian, but I keep hearing about this one from all corners. I've been working through some slower books lately so I'd love to read something faster paced, which I think this one is.
9. The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie
In my quest to read Christie's complete works, I've finished off all the works with recurring characters and am now on to her standalones. This is the first one!
10. This Is Not a Book About Benedict Cumberbatch by Tabitha Carvan
I was just telling someone the other day about this book about the power of fandoms, but I still haven't actually read it! It sounds both interesting and fun, so I want to pick it up this fall.

What do you plan to read this fall?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Dead and the Dark, A Queer History of the United States, and Zombies Ate My Homework
Five years ago I was reading: The Subtle Knife, Kindred, House of Leaves, and The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
Ten years ago I was reading: How to Be a Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment