Saturday, September 30, 2023

Best of the Bunch (September 2023)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in September.

It was a slightly better reading month this month than the past few, with a couple of 4.5-star reads and one 5-star read out of the 7 books I read. The 5-star read is my Best of the Bunch!

I love Anita Kelly's Moonlighters novellas and can't believe it took me so long to read their second one! As with the first one, Our Favorite Songs revolves primarily around a single night at this fictional Portland (OR) karaoke bar, but with characters who have enough history and chemistry to jump-start something longer-term than a one-night stand. Kelly writes authentic dialogue with alternating perspective chapters that give you a sympathetic view into both characters' perspectives. I enjoyed this M/M romance set during a rare Portland snowstorm that had an enemies-to-lovers vibe without ever getting too deep into "enemies" territory. I've already started the third and final Moonlighters novella!

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Disordered Cosmos, Matrix, and Zombies Ate My Homework
Five years ago I was reading: The Amber Spyglass and The Secret Place
Ten years ago I was reading: Room and The Righteous Mind

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment