Monday, June 19, 2023

Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to share what we're planning to read this season. Of the books on my spring TBR, I have one rolling over to summer, two that I'm in the middle of now, and one (Harrow the Ninth) that I DNFed. The others I did successfully read this spring. Here are ten books I plan to read this summer!
1. Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters
This has been recommended over and over again both as a literary award winner and by people whose taste I trust. I'm looking forward to finally reading it.
2. Disfigured by Amanda Leduc
One of my book clubs is reading this for Disability Pride Month in July. It discusses the depiction of (dis)ability in fairy tales. Should be interesting!
3. The Guncle by Steven Rowley
Another one of my book clubs is reading this for July, and I'm not sure I'll be able to attend the discussion, but this title has popped up enough times now that I want to read it either way!
4. Hijab Butch Blues by Lamya H
The LGBTQIA+ affinity group I co-lead at work voted on a book to read and discuss for Pride month, and this one tied with Ace, but it's recently published enough that library hold lists are super long, so we decided to discuss this one later in the year instead. My hold should come in by the end of summer!
5. How the Word Is Passed by Clint Smith
This has continued to receive high praise since it was first published, so I finally put a hold on it for this summer!
6. I Won't Shut Up by Ally Henny
This comes out today (June 20)! I've been following Henny's work for years now and when I saw she had a book coming out I recommended my library buy it, so I'm pretty high up on the holds list :)
7. Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
This is my one carryover from spring — I'm still on the holds list!
8. Mistakes Were Made by Meryl Wilsner
Yet another one of my book clubs is reading this in July. (My schedule will conflict with my book clubs for months and then suddenly open up for all of them at once!) I enjoyed Wilsner's Something to Talk About, so I'm very interested to check out another one of their books.
9. Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie
My quest to read Christie's complete works continues!
10. Sorted by Jackson Bird
This memoir was already on my radar when a friend said they'd found parts of it similar to their own experiences, so now I want to bump it up to the top of my list.

What do you plan to read this summer?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Good Girl, Bad Blood, Solitaire, and Velma Still Cooks in Leeway
Five years ago I was reading: The Orphan Master's Son and Inspired
Ten years ago I was reading: The Red Tent, The Biology of Belief, and The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow

No comments:

Post a Comment