Sunday, April 30, 2023

Best of the Bunch (April 2023)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in April.

It was a super slow reading month for me. I only finished 5 books (including one very quick read with my 8-year-old), and the only 5-star read I had was a reread, so while I usually don't count those, I'm going to make that the best of the bunch for April!

It was a different experience rereading Out of My Mind since one of my main praises of the book is that it doesn't go in the direction you might expect, but I still enjoyed the read and think it's a fantastic book. Told from the perspective of a nonverbal young girl with cerebral palsy, this middle grade book exquisitely demonstrates how disability is as much about the ways that we as a society treat others as it is about anyone's physical limitations. I'd recommend it in any format, but I especially enjoyed it the way I first experienced it, as an audiobook superbly narrated by Sisi Aisha Johnson.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Time Machine, Atomic Habits, and Not Your Backup
Five years ago I was reading: Magician's Gambit and America's Public Schools
Ten years ago I was reading: American Gods and Basic Black

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment