Monday, February 8, 2021

Ten Books with "Love" in the Title


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This week is a Valentine's Day freebie, and since I've done a lot of topics in the past about character romances, I went with something more straightforward this time: books with the word "love" in the title.
1. From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon
Menon writes such sweet, relatable YA romances!
2. Getting the Love You Want by Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt
This relationship advice book has practical exercises for breaking up common destructive relationship patterns.
3. God Believes in Love by Gene Robinson
The first openly gay Episcopal bishop makes a religious argument in favor of same-sex marriage.
4. Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry
This adorable picture book is also an Oscar-winning short film.
5. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
This is a quirky story about losing the chance for the happy ending you wanted and finding a different one instead.
6. I Only Say This Because I Love You by Deborah Tannen
Linguistic researcher Deborah Tannen discusses why communication among family members can be so challenging.
7. Let's Talk About Love by Clare Kann
This cute romance also manages to be a kind of Asexuality 101.
8. Love, Creekwood by Becky Albertalli
This is a novella that will probably only be enjoyable if you've read the other Creekwood books, but I loved revisiting these characters as they navigate being apart post-high school.
9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Admittedly I had a lot of nitpicks about this book, but on the whole it's a cute, feel-good YA romance.
10. To Sir, With Love by E.R. Braithwaite
This is a fascinating memoir of a Black teacher of poor white children in 1950s Britain.

What are some "Love" books you've read?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Dreams from My Father and Call Down the Hawk
Five years ago I was reading: The Girl on the Train, We Never Asked for Wings, None of the Above, and The Moor's Account
Ten years ago I was reading: Unafraid

No comments:

Post a Comment