Monday, January 4, 2021

Seven Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2021


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This week's topic is the book we're looking forward to in the first half of this year. What I've found is that I do end up reading a lot of books in the year they come out, but I typically don't know about them ahead of time. I just hear about them when they come out and then pick them up because they sound good or a lot of people are recommending them. However, I do know of seven books coming out this year that I am interested in reading!

1. The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green (Release Date: May 18, 2021)
I started listening to this podcast not too long ago, so even though some of the content in the book is from the podcast, most of it should be new to me.
2. Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas (Release Date: January 12, 2021)
I've been on the holds list for this prequel to The Hate U Give since I first heard about it, so I'm hoping to get it right away when it's released!
3. Do Better by Rachel Ricketts (Release Date: February 2, 2021)
I just heard about this recently, but it seems right up my alley as someone who runs a podcast about faith and feminism.
4. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli (Release Date: April 20, 2021)
Although I haven't been a big fan of Albertalli's recent collaborations, I still love her work enough to want to read everything she writes!
5. Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater (Release Date: May 18, 2021)
I greatly enjoyed the first in the Dreamer trilogy that came out in 2020, and I'm excited that the next book is due out so soon! I think the third one might also come out this year?? Maybe she wrote them all before starting to release them? Clearly I haven't looked too far into this!
6. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston (Release Date: June 1, 2021)
I loved Red, White, & Blue as much as anyone, and I'm very excited to see what McQuiston does next!
7. The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary (Release Date: April 29, 2021)
I read O'Leary's other books for the first time this year, and now I'm a big fan! Definitely picking up this next one.

Which books are you anticipating in 2021?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Seeress of Kell, The Next Evangelicalism, and There There
Five years ago I was reading: Middlemarch and The Quran
Ten years ago I was reading: Human Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment