Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Best of the Bunch: September 2020

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in September.

Of the six books I read this month, I had two 5-star reads:

Darius the Great Deserves Better by Adib Khorram

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

New reads always beat out rereads, so my Best of the Bunch is...


It was SO refreshing to read a YA book that wasn't predictable and full of tropes. The first Darius the Great book was also different than most YA because it took place in Iran and dealt realistically with depression and male friendship, but in Darius the Great Deserves Better Darius is back in Portland and dealing with what seems like typical high school drama. I don't know the last time I read a book in which every one of the characters felt like a real person, not a stand-in for some idea or plot point. I'm glad that I read the first book earlier this year so that I could read this sequel when it came out! I definitely recommend it.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages, God Land, and Whistling Vivaldi
Five years ago I was reading: Number the Stars, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and The Pushcart War
Ten years ago I was reading: Fourth Comings
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment