Monday, July 6, 2020

Top Ten Authors I've Read the Most Books By


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time to update a topic from five years ago, authors we've read the most books by. Since writing that post I have tried to update my Goodreads to reflect every book I've read, not just adult books, so there are going to be more children's authors this time around!

1. R.L. Stine (62)
Clearly, I read a lot of Goosebumps books as a kid!

2. Stan & Jan Berenstain (61)
My parents have a big collection of Berenstain Bears books so I read a lot of these growing up, and recently my son has become a fan as well!

3. Gertrude Chandler Warner (60)
Only the first 19 books in the Boxcar Children series were actually written by her, but the series was continued under her name so I'm not sure how else to count them. I had a subscription where I would get a couple Boxcar Children mysteries every month until I finally got tired of them.

4. Agatha Christie (50+)
As mentioned in my previous post on this topic, I have been rereading my way through Christie's complete works. I have 50 books recorded as read in Goodreads, but I know there are some others I read growing up that I haven't yet recorded, so it's likely more than 60 books at this point.

5. Ann M. Martin (41)
This is, of course, the author of the Baby-Sitters Club books, although I only ever read the mystery series, not the regular one. As you can see, I was big into mystery series when I was a kid!

6. Dr. Seuss (30)
Between what I read growing up and what I've read now with my son, I've covered a lot of his books!

7. David Eddings (25)
I've read almost everything Eddings wrote, except for some of his earliest non-fantasy works.

8. Debbie Dadey & Marcia Thornton Jones (18)
These two wrote the Bailey School Kids series, starting with Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots.

9. Beverly Cleary (15)
I got my son super into her books before I realized that there were some problematic elements to them, which we have had to discuss! These were some of my favorites as a kid.

10. J.K. Rowling / Robert Galbraith (13)
This includes the Harry Potter series, the Cormoran Strike series, and just about all of her standalones.

Some honorable mentions: Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (12), Mercer Mayer (12), Roald Dahl (10), William Shakespeare (11), Eric Carle (9), C.S. Lewis (9), Beatrix Potter (9), and Mo Willems (9)

Who are your most-read authors?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Partners in Crime and Tyrell
Five years ago I was reading: City of Bones and Tao Te Ching
Ten years ago I was reading: Angela's Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment