Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Best of the Bunch: October 2019


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in October.

Of the 6 books I read this month, I had one 5-star read. That's my Best of the Bunch for this month!


The Magician's Nephew is my favorite of the Narnia books that I've read so far. (I've got one left.) There were many parts I enjoyed that were funny or sweet or just satisfying. And as always, Lewis shows that he is an excellent study of human nature. This book, to me, was the best plotted and least problematic of the series. It also apparently took Lewis the longest to write, which is not surprising. If I were making a recommendation for reading this series, I think I'd recommend reading just this and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: March: Book Three and Unsheltered
Five years ago I was reading: Breath, Eyes, Memory, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, and Cordelia's Honor
Ten years ago I was reading: The Pigman

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment