Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Best of the Bunch: January 2019


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in January.

Of the 9 books I read this month, I had two 5-star books, both from the same series. I'll call the first one my best of the bunch:


I kept hearing about Binti but didn't pick it up until I found out the audiobook was only a few hours long. Of course, then I ended up picking up the audiobooks for the rest of the trilogy, making it about 13 hours of audio total! This book is great at both a plot level (action-packed, unpredictable, with a satisfying plot arc) and a metaphorical level, about the pointlessness of long-standing enmities, the challenges of being an outsider, and the difficulties of doing something without a role model to lead the way. I was left satisfied but still with enough questions to want to continue the trilogy!

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Strangers in Their Own Land and The Stand
Five years ago I was reading: The Marriage Plot and War and Peace
Ten years ago I was reading: Copyediting

Inlinkz Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment