Monday, December 17, 2018

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

I only have one book left over from my fall TBR list, which is pretty good!


1. Becoming by Michelle Obama
I was very excited when I heard about this book! I've been giving myself more permission to read new releases lately if they really interest me (rather than pushing them off in favor of my current TBR list) so I put a hold on the audiobook and am looking forward to it.


2. Binti by Nnedi Okorafor
Goodreads had a post about short audiobooks you can get through in a few hours and several of them were books I've been wanting to read, so I decided to put holds on the audiobooks. I didn't realize this one was so short but I keep hearing it recommended and I'm looking forward to it!


3. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
This is a classic that I listened to on audio CDs in my car a long, long time ago, and I don't remember any of it. I've been wanting to reread it, and it was also on that post as a relatively short read, so I plan to get to it soon.


4. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
This is my one holdover from fall. I just never had time to get to the Kindle version I'd borrowed, so now I have a hold on the audiobook that should be coming through soon.


5. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
I mentioned a few months ago that I'd read everything John Green had published except this holiday story collection. Now that it's winter, it seems like a good time to finally read it.


6. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
I got a free copy of this book as part of a campus-wide read where I work, so I need to read it before the author comes to speak in February.


7. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
I'm doing a buddy read of all the Chronicles of Narnia with a friend in 2019, so I need to get through the first book by the end of January!


8. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
This is a book club read for which I'm a little nervous about my hold coming through in time. We don't usually pick books that are less than a year old, and there are so many holds on this one! But everyone raves about it so I'm very excited to finally read it.


9. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
This is another book club read for January. The theme was "Books with a country's name in the title" and I nominated My Life in France by got outvoted for this classic instead.


10. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
This is next up on my original TBR list. This has the highest likelihood of getting carried over to my spring list, but we'll see — maybe I'll get to it.

What will you be reading this winter?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Sophie's Choice
Five years ago I was reading: Code Name Verity and War and Peace
Ten years ago I was reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment