Monday, September 24, 2018

Ten of My Favorite Authors' Books I Still Haven’t Read


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This is a great topic! For many of my favorite authors, I've read everything they've written to date so far, but there are plenty with backlists I haven't gotten to. Here are ten books I haven't read from authors that I love!


1. The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart
I discovered the Mysterious Benedict Society series as an adult and adored it! I got the boxset, which includes this prequel, and I still haven't read it. One of my goals for the year is to read some of the unread books I own, so maybe I'll get to this before the end of the year!


2. The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
As I said last week, I've loved two of Moriarty's books and found the rest just OK, which seems to be the consensus based on Goodreads ratings. This is the one from her backlist that I've heard mentioned the most often, so if I were going to pick one up it would probably be this.


3. King Lear by William Shakespeare
I somehow managed to read or watch all of Shakespeare's best-known plays while I was in school except for this one. It gets referenced so often and I still haven't read it! I definitely need to sit down and read it one of these days.


4. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
I've read everything John Green has had published except for this collection of Christmas stories that he co-authored. Maybe this winter I'll finally pick it up?


5. Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
I recently finished reading through all the Hercule Poirot books, and I've read a number of her standalone books and a few Tommy and Tuppence, but for some reason I never got into Miss Marple. Someday I'll make an effort to read through them.


6. The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place by E.L. Konigsburg
I've read Konisburg's three most popular books — From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, The View from Saturday, and Silent to the Bone — but not any of her others. This one is the next-most popular (at least on Goodreads) and I'd be interested to check it out.


7. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
If I had to pick, Kingsolver is probably my favorite author, so you'd think I'd have read her whole oeuvre, but I've only read four of her books. I think maybe part of me is afraid that I'm going to be disappointed with her other books? This is the one that I have on my might-want-to-read list.


8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I've been hearing about Stiefvater for years but only just picked up the Raven Cycle series this year and loved it. However, the people I follow on Goodreads were not crazy about Shiver, her first book, so if I were going to pick up anything else it would probably be this one.


9. Sea Prayer by Khaled Hosseini
I didn't even know Hosseini had written this short book to raise money for refugees. I've read his three novels and would definitely read anything else he wrote, but in the meantime maybe I'll pick up this work.


10. Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling
I've read almost everything Rowling has written except for this commencement-address-turned-book, her screenplays, and the "Pottermore Presents" works. This has high ratings and isn't very long, so I'm interested to read it!

What have your favorite authors written that you haven't read yet?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Bleak House
Five years ago I was reading: Half Broke Horses and Mrs. Dalloway
Ten years ago I was reading: Billy Budd

No comments:

Post a Comment