Monday, September 17, 2018

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

Guess what? I read all the books on my summer TBR list! Woohoo!

As I've mentioned previously, I'm the kind of person who reads about one new release a year, maybe as many as five if I really push myself. This year I did set a goal to read at least three 2018 releases, but then a ton of my favorite authors released books this year and I heard about several others I wanted to read. I've already read seven 2018 releases this year, and there are six more I plan to read this fall!


1. An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green (Release Date: September 25)
As a Nerdfighter since 2007, I obviously put a hold on this book as soon as I heard about it. Having been Hank's proofreader back in the day, I can't help but have some skepticism going in, but a lot of people seem to be raving about the book, so I am looking forward to reading it.


2. All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung (Release Date: October 2)
As a white, adoptive parent living in Oregon who made the decision not to adopt transracially, I'm very interested in Chung's memoir about being a Korean-American adoptee growing up in Oregon with a white family. I also just like reading about adoption in general and have heard great things about this book.


3. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
I'm looking forward to finally reading the third book in this series after rereading the first two. I always wondered why I'd never read the final book back in middle school, until I realized that was so long ago that the third one hadn't even been published yet!


4. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
This book has been recommended to me many times, and it's finally risen to the top of my TBR list. I've gotten the ebook from the library, so I just need to make time to read it now!


5. Lethal White by Robert Galbraith (Release Date: September 18)
Apparently I heard the news too late that this, the fourth Cormoran Strike book, finally had a release date, because I'm 50th in line for it at the library. Thankfully my library just preordered another 39 copies!


6. Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty (Release Date: November 6)
I loved Moriarty's What Alice Forgot and Big Little Lies. I didn't love her most recent one, Truly Madly Guilty, but I'm hoping she's back on her game for this latest release.


7. The Secret Place by Tana French
I'm going on vacation soon and wanted something that would be a fast-paced read to take with me. Even though Tana French always breaks my heart, I can't help myself — I'm going to bring along the fifth book in the Dublin Murder Squad series.


8. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl
This has been on my TBR list for quite a while, but earlier this year I read Pessl's Night Film on my sister's recommendation and really liked it. Then it was announced that this was one of the picks for Modern Mrs. Darcy's Book Club for fall, so I put it on hold (despite not actually being in that book club).


9. Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver (Release Date: October 16)
Kingsolver may just be my favorite author of all time. I was honestly most excited about her having a new book because it meant she was going on book tour, but it appears the tickets sold out before I even realized they were on sale. Womp womp.


10. What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera (Release Date: October 9)
Since I adore everything Albertalli has ever written, I am of course going to pick this one up. She's amazing.

What will you be reading this fall? Any new releases?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Leviathan Wakes and Bleak House
Five years ago I was reading: How to Be a Woman
Ten years ago I was reading: Billy Budd

No comments:

Post a Comment