Sunday, December 30, 2018

Best of the Bunch: December 2018


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in December.

I had an excellent reading year, but I ended on a bit of a slump. Of the 8 books I read this month, I only had one 5-star read, which was a reread from earlier this year. Since it wasn't my Best of the Bunch for September, though, I will share it now!


As a longtime Nerdfighter, I was always going to pick up An Absolutely Remarkable Thing, Hank Green's novel. I was impressed by how well it was crafted, and I liked it even better the second time on audio. It's fast-paced and engaging, but also grapples with questions of fame and power in a way I can't remember seeing in another book. The main character, April May, isn't exactly likable, but she feels real and her decisions seem understandable from her point of view. Just be prepared for an ending that's a setup for the sequel.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Sophie's Choice and Americanah
Five years ago I was reading: David and Goliath and War and Peace
Ten years ago I was reading: Traffic


InLinkz has completely changed their site, so I have no idea if the new format is going to work! If you can't link up, please comment and let me know!

Inlinkz Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment