Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Best of the Bunch (October 2023)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in October.

I had a great reading month: Out of the 10 books I read, I had three 5-star reads!

Wherever Is Your Heart by Anita Kelly

A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus

Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma, and Consensual Nonmonogamy by Jessica Fern

This is a really hard choice, y'all! I loved all of these books. When in doubt, though, I go with the one that I would recommend most broadly.
A Place to Hang the Moon absolutely merited the many rave reviews I had seen prior to reading this. The premise: Three children in wartime London lose their sole guardian when their grandmother dies, so the family solicitor has them evacuated to the countryside along with the many other children leaving London at that time, in the hopes that their assigned foster family will want to keep them permanently. As you might imagine, it's a hopeful and heartwarming middle grade story, excellently narrated on audio by Polly Lee. I'd recommend it for kids and adults alike.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Swallows and Amazons, We Have Always Lived in the Castle, Feeding Littles and Beyond, Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide, and Creepers Crashed My Party
Five years ago I was reading: Unsheltered and March: Book Three
Ten years ago I was reading: Roots and Behind the Beautiful Forevers

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment