Monday, July 31, 2023

Best of the Bunch (July 2023)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in July.

I had a mediocre reading month. I read 7 books and had just one 5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch!

Magpie Murders was exceptional. Horowitz has written not one but two complete murder mysteries, nested inside each other, and both were plotted with the best of them. (I say this as someone who's worked my way through most of Agatha Christie's complete works.) I don't want to give too much away because the journey of the book was part of the enjoyment. I'm not surprised the book had such a long holds list, but I was delighted to see that the second audiobook was already available, and I'm about halfway through it now!

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, A Hole in the World, 50 Women Every Christian Should Know, and Wayside School Is Falling Down
Five years ago I was reading: The Yiddish Policemen's Union and The Professor and the Madman
Ten years ago I was reading: Flight Behavior and Thinking, Fast and Slow

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment