Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Best of the Bunch (May 2022)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in May.

It was another good reading month! Of the 12 books I read this month, I had three 5-star reads.

Heartstopper: Volume Four by Alice Oseman

Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman

So You Want to Talk about Race by Ijeoma Oluo

All excellent reads, but as the one that had the biggest immediate impact on my life, the Best of the Bunch is...
Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals is a transformational book that lived up to the major buzz that's been around it for months. Burkeman cuts directly through the lies underpinning every time management strategy out there — that if you could just get on top of things once and for all, the to-dos would stop piling up and you could finally get to the stage of your life you've been waiting for. Reflecting on the realities of our limited time and the necessity of dealing with life's unpredictabilities, Burkeman takes off the pressure to "get on top of things" or to spend your life a particular way. Highly recommended.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Echo Wife, The Case of the Stolen Space Suit, and A Madness of Sunshine
Five years ago I was reading: 10% Happier and One, Two, Buckle My Shoe
Ten years ago I was reading: The Language of Flowers

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment