Sunday, November 29, 2020

Best of the Bunch (November 2020)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in November.

Of the 10 books I read this month, I had one 5-star read, which was my best of the bunch!


I stayed up late to finish I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness. Channing Brown has written a book that goes beyond those of earlier generations trying to turn a spotlight on America's racism; she starkly faces down the well-meaning white people who run progressive organizations and talk about diversity, pointing out the specific ways in which white guilt is handed to her to absolve and a barrage of microaggressions are explained away by those who want to consider themselves the "good" ones. I'm glad this book finally got more attention this year, and glad that I finally got around to reading it. I would recommend it broadly, but I especially think it's valuable for white American Christians to read.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Demon Lord of Karanda, The Next Evangelicalism, and Airships
Five years ago I was reading: Twelve Years a Slave, On heroes, lizard and passion, and A Snicker of Magic
Ten years ago I was reading: The Back of the Napkin

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment