Saturday, March 30, 2019

Best of the Bunch: March 2019


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in March.

Of the 10 books I read this month, I had only one 5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch!


Becoming lived up to the hype for me! I knew very little about Michelle Obama's life going into this book, so I appreciated getting a greater understanding of her family of origin, her school experiences, and her career prior to becoming First Lady. In clear, engaging prose, she helps the reader understand both why she was often made to feel "not enough" and how she had the support of many others who lifted her up and kept her going. For all that I appreciated about what President Obama did while in office, I hadn't realized the extent to which the Obamas intentionally used their platform to try to make lasting changes for underprivileged Americans in a multitude of ways. I came away with a greater appreciation for the entire Obama family for the ways they chose to use the time they had in the White House.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Homegoing, The Thorn Birds, and America's Public Schools
Five years ago I was reading: The Woman Warrior, The Body & Society, and War and Peace
Ten years ago I was reading: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment