Monday, November 5, 2018

Top Ten Oldest Books on my TBR List


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This week's theme is backlist books that we want to read. Since I rarely read new releases (this year being unusual with a dozen 2018 releases read), my TBR list is pretty much all backlist by the definition of "books that aren't new releases." So I decided to focus on the ten oldest books on my TBR, based on the original publication dates. Here they are, from newest to oldest.


1. The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann (1924)


2. The Bridal Wreath by Sigrid Undset (1920)


3. The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain (1916)


4. Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham (1915)


5. The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell (1914)


6. Swann's Way by Marcel Proust (1913)


7. Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand (1897)


8. The Tibetan Book of the Dead by Padmasambhava (700)


9. The Upanishads by Unknown (500 BC)


10. The Rig Veda by Unknown (1200 BC)

What are the oldest books on your TBR?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Secret History and Birdsong
Five years ago I was reading: Behind the Beautiful Forevers and Roots
Ten years ago I was reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment