Monday, November 12, 2018

Top Ten Bookish Gifts I'd Like to Get


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

This week's topic sent me down a rabbit hole of amazing bookish items, with Modern Mrs. Darcy's annual gift guides as my starting point. I already put together a wish list for my birthday this month, but it's not too late to add things for Christmas!


1. Bookshelf phone case
Look! It's a beautifully drawn bookshelf that is subtly Harry Potter themed. I love it!


2. Book Nerd socks
This site has a lot of great sock options for book lovers, but this one spoke to me the most.


3. Custom book stamp
I am very particular about which books are allowed to stay on my bookshelves, which are ones that I love and want to have to lend to others. This self-inking stamp would be a great way to mark them as mine (and nudge people to return them)!


4. Ideal Bookshelf greeting cards
I have a custom Ideal Bookshelf print in my reading nook that I love, and while I couldn't get cards made of my own ideal bookshelf, I picked the "Resistance"-themed ones as my favorite.


5. Ideal Bookshelf wrapping paper
Forget seasonal wrapping paper — there's never a wrong time to wrap your presents in book-themed gift wrap!


6. PaperBackSwap credits
I use PaperBackSwap all the time, but I definitely have more books on my wish list there than I have outgoing books listed, especially now that I've been filling my son's bookshelf primarily with used books from this site. Every year I ask for extra credits as gifts, but no one ever wants to create an account just to buy them. (Although I think you should get an account regardless! It's a great site!)


7. So Many Books So Little Time clock
I have needed something to fill a space on the wall above my reading area. This would be perfect!


8. Tailored Book Recommendations subscription
This subscription service hasn't added a gift option yet, but I'm on the list to be notified when they do! I don't want the version where they mail you hard copies (since I'm so picky about which books get to come into my house and I prefer reading digitally anyway), but I would love the personalized recommendations :)


9. There's a Million Books I Haven't Read shirt
A Hamilton lyric turned bookish? Yes, please!


10. When in Doubt, Go to the Library shirt
Another excellent T-shirt to add to my collection of bookish shirts, in this case with a quotation from my bookish twin, Hermione Granger.

What bookish gifts would you like to get?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The World According to Garp and Birdsong
Five years ago I was reading: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and Roots
Ten years ago I was reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment