Thursday, February 29, 2024

Best of the Bunch (February 2024)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in February.

Of the six books I read this month, I had no 5-star reads and only one 4.5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch!
The Secret Keepers was an engaging middle grade read about a boy who discovers a magical object and suddenly finds himself embroiled in the most recent chapter of a generations-long battle for power. Stewart kept my attention by writing Reuben into impossible corners and then somehow finding a way out. I was literally gasping and yelling, "Oh no!" out loud at different points while listening. Overall, the book is a little on the long side and the characters a bit too impossibly clever at times, but it was an enjoyable story to get lost in.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Violin Conspiracy, Fat Luther, Slim Pickin's, When Pigmen Fly, and McDonald's
Five years ago I was reading: The Shadow of the Wind, I Capture the Castle, and No Bad Kids
Ten years ago I was reading: The Omnivore's Dilemma and War and Peace

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment