Monday, December 11, 2023

Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's that time again! I finished all the books on my Fall TBR except for Demon Copperhead and Hazeldine, which will likely take me some time to get through. Here are ten books I plan to read this winter!
1. Cosmoknights, Book One by Hannah Templer
My friend lent me her copy of this graphic novel in exchange for my lending her Snapdragon. I'm excited to read it!
2. Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger
This book was recently mentioned on What Should I Read Next? and it reminded me that it's been on my list for a while. I think that was the nudge I needed to read it!
3. Front Desk by Kelly Yang
Winter is a good time to read middle grade, and this is a middle grade book that's been on my list for far too long. Now is the time!
4. Heartstopper: Volume Five by Alice Oseman
I have been eagerly awaiting this fifth volume of the Heartstopper series that comes out this month. Thankfully I got my library hold in early!
5. Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo
This YA queer romance keeps popping up in recommendations, and my partner just started reading it, so it seems like a good time to finally pick it up!
6. Polywise by Jessica Fern with David Cooley
I loved Polysecure and was excited to see Fern had a follow-up book, and then I heard Fern and Cooley on the Multiamory podcast and that confirmed for me that I need to read this book.
7. Refusing Compulsory Sexuality by Sherronda J. Brown
I don't know where I ran across this book (probably in one of my ace Facebook groups), but I'm excited to read a Black asexual perspective because the ace community and media representation can tend to be overwhelmingly white.
8. Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
This is one of the popular bestsellers that I keep seeing recommended over and over this year. It's been described as heartwarming, which is always a vibe I appreciate in the depths of winter!
9. The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart
I keep forgetting that the author of my favorite middle grade series, The Mysterious Benedict Society, has other books. I was very disappointed to see that the show of The Mysterious Benedict Society was pulled from Disney+ (it was so good!!) but I am looking forward to reading this other Stewart book.
10. You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P! by Alex Gino
After picking up Gino's latest, Green, I remembered that I have a copy of one of their earlier books that I still haven't read! This is going to be a season of middle grade, and I am here for it.

What do you plan to read this winter?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Murder Is Easy, McDonald's, and When Endermen Attack
Five years ago I was reading: Gaudy Night and The Future of the Mind
Ten years ago I was reading: Red Azalea

No comments:

Post a Comment