Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Best of the Bunch (November 2022)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in November.

It was a good reading month! Of the 14 books I read this month, I had three 5-star reads.

Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide by Patrice Banks

The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters by Priya Parker

Check, Please! Book 2: Sticks & Scones by Ngozi Ukazu

I feel pretty confident this month in which one I want to recommend as my Best of the Bunch!

The Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide is a super-accessible guide to car ownership (for everyone, not just women). It's valuable both as a book to read cover-to-cover and as a reference guide to keep in your car. Banks earned my confidence early on when she said that she didn't recommend most people do their own oil changes; this isn't a book on how to avoid mechanics, but how to incorporate regular visits to one into your general care of your car. She walks through every part of the car and provides a table of what problems you're likely to see when in the life of the car and what the typical cost is for fixing it. There's guidance on how to change a tire, of course, but also how to know when it's time to trade in your vehicle for a new one. I would definitely recommend this for everyone who drives and/or owns a car. (It's geared toward readers in the United States, but much of the advice is universal.)

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Shalom and the Community of Creation, The Pod and the Bog, and Apples Never Fall
Five years ago I was reading: The New Jim Crow and Stranger in a Strange Land
Ten years ago I was reading: The Pox Party

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment