Saturday, July 31, 2021

Best of the Bunch (July 2021)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in July.

Of the 7 books I read this month, I had one 5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch!


One Last Stop was EVERYTHING. It's a romance and a mystery and a love letter to New York and a celebration of queer history and found family, and there's a heist and multiple drag shows and it's just the best. The cast of characters were all fantastic, the dialogue was pitch-perfect, and I cried more than once. Everything about the plot was unexpected in the best way, and McQuiston doesn't let a single ball drop no matter where it twists. It has been too long since I read a book that made me feel as much as this one did. I can't recommend it enough.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: Everyday Antiracism and Lovely War
Five years ago I was reading: Girl at the End of the World and A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare
Ten years ago I was reading: Drive

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment