Saturday, May 30, 2020

Best of the Bunch: May 2020

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in May.

Of the 5 books I read this month, I didn't have any 5-star reads, but I did have one 4.5-star read, so that's my best of the bunch!

The Secret Keeper with BOTB sticker

I was hoping The Secret Keeper would get me out of my reading slump, and it delivered! At first I wasn't sure about the jumps back and forth in time and between POVs, but Morton manages to weave a mystery and provide frequent reveals/twists while you think you already know what happened, which is masterful. It managed to be both happy and sad, and just when I thought we were wrapping up the denouement there was a completely unexpected plot twist that I didn't even know I wanted but which made everything that much better. I'm glad to have finally read my first Kate Morton, and I look forward to reading some of her other works!

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Trespasser
Five years ago I was reading: Gilead, The Tale of Desperaux, and What If?
Ten years ago I was reading: The Book of Three
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment