Monday, July 29, 2019

Ten Book Titles that Get Songs Stuck in My Head


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

Hey hey, I'm back! Last week I was on vacation, and the week before I chose to do a Quick Lit post rather than that week's Top Ten Tuesday. But now it's time for another Top Ten Tuesday, and this week it's a freebie! Once upon a time there was a TTT topic about books and songs that I couldn't come up with a list for, so I started keeping track of book titles that led to certain songs getting stuck in my head. Here you go!


1. 168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam
Song: "Seasons of Love" from Rent
Line: "Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes..."


2. Airships by Barry Hannah
Song: "Starships" by Nicki Minaj
Line: "Starships were meant to fly..."


3. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Song: "All the Right Moves" by OneRepublic
Line: "All the right moves in all the right places..."


4. Dancing with God by Karen Baker-Fletcher
Song: "Dancing Through Life" from Wicked
Line: "Dancing through life, swaying and sweeping..."


5. Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin
Song: "Go Tell It on the Mountain" (traditional)
Line: "Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere..."


6. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Song: "I'll Follow the Sun" by The Beatles
Line: "Tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun."


7. Matilda by Roald Dahl
Song: "Waltzing Matilda" by John Collinson and Russell Callow
Line: "Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, you'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."


8. The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood
Song: "She’s a Beauty" by the Tubes
Line: "She's one in a million girls."


9. Queer, There, and Everywhere by Sarah Prager
Song: "The Electric Slide" by Marcia Griffiths
Line: "...here, there, and everywhere."


10. Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
Song: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
Line: "Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?"

What book titles have gotten songs stuck in your head?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Yiddish Policemen's Union and The Professor & the Madman
Five years ago I was reading: Half of a Yellow Sun, Someone Knows My Name, and A Suitable Boy
Ten years ago I was reading: Inkdeath

No comments:

Post a Comment