Monday, June 17, 2024

Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR


I'm linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl for another Top Ten Tuesday.

It's time for planning another season of reading! I read everything on my Spring TBR list except for Tiny Beautiful Things, which I'm currently reading. Here are ten books I plan to read this summer. In honor of Pride month I went hard on the "queer" tag on my Goodreads list of books to read!
1. Ace Voices by Eris Young
I love that this collection uses interviews to attempt to showcase the diversity within the ace community.
2. Bi by Julia Shaw
I love a good nonfiction deep dive, and this one came recommended from a bi friend at work.
3. Crooked House by Agatha Christie
I'm still chugging along on my goal to read Agatha Christie's complete works!
4. The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar
A queer YA romance by a Bangladeshi author set in Ireland? Yes please!
5. How You Get the Girl by Anita Kelly
I am an Anita Kelly completionist at this point, and I was very excited to see they had a new book out!
6. Queer: A Graphic History by Meg-John Barker and Jules Scheele
I'm interested to read this short, illustrated guide to "the histories of queer thought and LGBTQ+ action."
7. The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
This book has been on my priority read list for quite a while, and with a lot of transition happening in my life right now, having a book about slowing down and diving deep into a moment seems like a good dea.
8. The Times I Knew I Was Gay by Eleanor Crewes
I've read several great graphic memoirs, and this one looks especially fun and relatable.
9. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
I can't believe I haven't read any more Nina LaCour since I adored Everything Leads to You. This one is her most well known, and I'm excited to give it a shot.
10. You Don't Have a Shot by Racquel Marie
I really loved Marie's Ophelia After All last year, and I've been meaning to pick up another one of her books. This one came out last year and looks great!

What do you plan to read this summer?

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Harlequin Tea Set and Other Stories, Nabokov's Favorite Word Is Mauve, The Bad Guys in the Furball Strikes Back, and McDonald's
Five years ago I was reading: The Warmth of Other Suns and Water for Elephants
Ten years ago I was reading: A Suitable Boy and Island Beneath the Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment