Sunday, March 31, 2024

Best of the Bunch (March 2024)

Best of the Bunch header

Today I'm sharing the best book I read in March.

Of the six books I read this month, I had only one 5-star read, so that's my Best of the Bunch!
Polywise was an excellent follow-up to Polysecure. Fern strikes a great balance of grounding her writing in academic research while using a conversational style to share her points. In this book, she and co-author Dave Cooley go through the most common challenges that happen in consensual non-monogamy (CNM) when either a monogamous couple opens up or a previous CNM relationship structure changes in some major way. This is based in their own experiences working with people in CNM relationships as well as extensive interviews that Jessica did specifically for this book. I appreciated that each chapter included frameworks, realistic examples, and exercises to try. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in or practicing CNM, but I would especially encourage anyone who's thinking of opening up a previously monogamous relationship to read this first and complete the exercises. It will likely save you a lot of challenges in the long run.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!

Looking back:
One year ago I was reading: The Nobleman's Guide to Shipwrecks and Scandal, When Pigmen Fly, Out of My Mind, and McDonald's
Five years ago I was reading: Ugly and Harry Potter à l'école des sorciers
Ten years ago I was reading: The Body & Society, The Given Day, and War and Peace

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment