Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Best of the Bunch: February 2018


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in February.

It looks like I'm finally out of my reading slump! Of the 11 books I read this month, I had two 5-star reads, which is more than I've had in a long time. These are the two:

Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right by Arlie Russell Hochschild

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

Both books are truly well done, but for the sheer joy factor, I'm going to say the best of the bunch was...


I'm so glad When Dimple Met Rishi lived up to the hype! It was an adorable, feel-good romance that was predictable but not as much as I expected. I loved that we get both Dimple and Rishi's perspectives, so there is a balance of Rishi's respect and reverence for tradition along with Dimple's desire for independence and frustration with her mother's focus on looks and marriage. Rishi is sweet and dorky and a genuinely good guy who also can't manage to have a civil conversation with his brother. Their emotions at every moment rang true to me — they felt like the college freshmen I live and work with and remember being. I laughed out loud at multiple points, and teared up near the end. If you're looking for a light, sweet read or just want to remember what it was like to fall in love for the first time, this is a great pick.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!





No comments:

Post a Comment